January 13, 2011
I am thankful for...little helpers.
Today was snow/ice day #4. That's right, FOUR. You know your kids have been out of school too long when, after hearing that school is cancelled yet another day, the reaction is, "Dangit! I want to go to school!" (That was Ethan.) Anyway, today I tried one of my mom's ideas...hire the kids to do certain jobs around the house and pay them for each task they complete (these are in addition to chores they are supposed to do each day). Hmmm, give the kids something to do AND get some of the neglected housework done? I'm IN! They were happy to earn a few extra bucks, and I was happy to get a few things accomplished. Luke loves to clean the windows. In fact, if he sees me trying to clean the windows myself, he will usually come and ask if he can do it. Um, sure. Knock yourself out, kid. (No. Not literally. Quit sniffing the cleaner.) So to earn a buck while cleaning the windows? Well that was gravy.

somewhere, some time, some day in the future - some wife is going to look at a clean window and thank the Lord for "snow day #4"
ReplyDelete