January 12, 2011
I am thankful for...crayons.
Today was snow/ice day #3 for the kids. I think the "novelty" of the snow is starting to wear off just a bit. It was really cold and windy today, too. So today we did some indoor activities to stay in and stay warm (though the boys did bundle up later and go sliding down some hills in our yard...the cold just doesn't seem to phase them). One of the things we did was color. The boys worked on some worksheets I printed off the internet while Elizabeth and I colored pictures in her coloring books. Hers was a Cinderella one...mine was Hello Kitty. I love the smell of crayons. And I enjoyed stopping to "smell the crayons" with the kids today.

sometimes - we all need to STOP and "smell the crayons" and watch the little ones around us - growing up - in simple, non-battery ways
ReplyDelete