January 7, 2011
I am thankful for...brothers.
The boys have really been enjoying getting to explore the woods. At this time of year, most of the underbrush is dead, and it's easy to traverse paths in the woods. They will cross the creek and go on adventures through the woods (Hmm, I wonder if they are looking for grandmother's house? Ya know? "Over the river and through the woods." Anyway.) There is a spot back in the woods (out of sight from our house) where two parts of the creek converge and flow down towards our property. There are some large rocks and an overturned, uprooted tree (that makes a great "bridge") back there. They called this area "the brother club" (aka "the cousin club" when Trevor is here) and will hide out back there and share secrets. They even have their own secret handshake. They were kind enough to allow me a peek at the brother club AND even witness "the" handshake. I can only wonder what secrets they are sharing and how those secrets will change through the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment