Day 41

February 14, 2011

I am thankful that...this 8 year old still loves his mama.


Today was Valentine's Day.  I slipped a Valentine card into both of the boys' lunch boxes this morning.  I was hesitant to put one into Ethan's lunch box.  The one I had was one with an orange kitty on it (like our cat Perry).  I debated whether Ethan would be embarrassed by it or think it was lame or whatever.  In the end, though, I slipped it into his lunchbox.  When he got home, I was looking through his bag of Valentines that he had received from his classmates, and I saw the one I had put in his lunchbox.  I picked it up and said, "Oh look at this one...who gave you this one?"  He grinned and said, "it was my favorite one" and gave me a hug.  And although he didn't know it?  That was his Valentine gift to me. 

1 comment: