Day 33

February 6, 2011

I am thankful for...5 year old kindness.


Here is a conversation Luke and I had about a little girl in his class.

Luke: "I say nice things to Christina when other people say mean things to her.  I make her feel good.  It makes me feel happy....like going to the funeral home."

Me: "the funeral home??"

Luke: "No, I mean the nursing home.  Like when we go to the nursing home.  It makes me feel happy.  You know.  I make Christina happy.  And I play with her at school." (Pause)  "But I'm not her girlfriend or anything."

Me (chuckling): "No, you are definitely NOT her girlfriend."

Luke (seriously): "No."

I was very proud of Luke for being kind to Christina when others weren't (even though he made it clear he was not her girlfriend). 

I think we can all learn from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment